Anyone that wants to learn how to plan a wedding in Gold Coast is in the right place. Everything we can think of will be covered right here in one post to hopefully save you some time and maybe even a little money.
Our first section will try to assist with planning this on your own by sharing a list of local wedding and reception venues. Some may want to get married in the church they went to as a kid, others will prefer to rent a different venue that can be a great place to host the ceremony or the reception.
- 1 Gold Coast Wedding & Reception Venues
- 2 Bridal Shops
- 3 Where To Get Your Invitations
- 4 Choosing The Right Florist
- 5 Wedding Photographers & Videographers
- 6 Bands & DJ’s
- 7 Hair & Makeup Stylists
- 8 Tuxedo Rentals
- 9 Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
- 10 Caterers
- 11 Your Rehearsal Dinner
- 12 Gold Coast Wedding Planners
- 13 Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Gold Coast
Up next we will discuss the best bridal shops near you to buy a dress and many of the other things you will need. Shops that sell wedding invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, and DJ’s will garner our next few sections.
Then we will get into some of the top wedding hair and makeup stylists and shops to rent a tuxedo so you can make sure everyone involved is looking their best. Our last few lists will be all about the food as we mention where to buy wedding cakes, caterers, and some great restaurants to host your rehearsal dinner at.
The final section will share the best wedding planners in Gold Coast for anyone who wants to hand all of this work off to someone else. Most wedding planners in your area will have different packages available ranging from a little bit of assistance all the way up to doing it all for you.
You can also expect to find a map towards the end that has all of these various venues pinned on it so that you can figure out which is closest to your current area. And if you wanted to compare what is available here to some other cities around Australia you can check out that link.
Gold Coast Wedding & Reception Venues
Choosing the right location for a wedding and reception in Gold Coast is a huge key to the whole process:
- Links Hope Island at 2 Springfield Dr
- Coolibah Downs Private Estate at 41 Mount Nathan Rd
- Braeside at Gin House Creek Estate at 251 Gooding Dr
- Cowbell Creek at 390 Austinville Rd
- Ecostudio Fellini at Gold Coast Springbrook Rd & Boomerang Rd
- Evergreen Garden Venue at 10 Evergreen Ct
- Austinvilla Estate at 31 Austinville Rd
- Sol Gardens at 10 Bains Rd
Coolibah Downs offers the convenience of a coordinator, a chapel, and a spacious garden for a wedding near you providing ample space for both indoor and outdoor events to accommodate a large number of guests.
The Braeside at Gin House Creek Estate has plenty of room for 120 guests and is an ideal location for a small wedding in Gold Coast and with an airy feel and beautiful décor their Lawn Bar is a great outdoor location for any event.
At Ecostudio Fellini you can discover a lovely outdoor chapel that offers a view of Mudgeeraba Creek’s serene waters while the split-level open deck provides a beautiful setting for local wedding receptions.
Small intimate outdoor weddings for up to 90 guests are the focus of the private European-styled Evergreen Garden.
130 people can attend a ceremony in the pavilion at Austinvilla Estate.
Sol Gardens can accommodate up to 85 people with three stunning wedding ceremony locations in your area to choose from along with the option of hosting the reception in either the outdoor lawn or the indoor pavilion.
Buy your dress and all of the other important items you need at one of the best bridal shops near you:
- Helena Couture Designs at 22 Tuxedo Jct Dr
- Rosa & Mary’s Bridal Shop at #2/195 Varsity Parade
- Luv Bridal & Formal at 1/1 Gateway Dr
- Grace Loves Lace at 2 Hibiscus Haven
- Made With Love Bridal at The Lakehouse, 237/34 Glenferrie Dr
- The Bridal Company at #7/214 Lahrs Rd
- Kate Gubanyi Bridal at 10A Railway St
Where To Get Your Invitations
You can get envelopes and invitations in your area by contacting:
Choosing The Right Florist
The venue will look stunning when it gets filled with flowers by one of these florists:
- Flowers Gold Coast at 6/10 Expo Ct
- Moss N Stone at #4/41 Musgrave Ave
- Gold Coast City Florist at The Mark, #38, 3/15 Orchid Ave
- Wedding Flowers by Keren at 17 Manra Way
- Flower Studio Gold Coast at 1/280 Olsen Ave
- Harbour Town Florist at Harbour Town Shopping Centre, 147 Brisbane Rd
- Flowers by Ola
Wedding Photographers & Videographers
Having one of these local wedding photographers and videographers on the scene will make sure that nothing is forgotten:
- Bec Pattinson Photography
- Michelle Ladlow Photography
- Figtree Wedding Photography
- Feather and Finch Photography
- Finch & Oak Wedding Co
- J’adore Wedding Videos & Photography
- This Day Photography
- Motion Art
- Wild Creative Media
- Sunny Day Films Wedding Videography
Bands & DJ’s
The reception will be the party of the year if you book the right band or DJ:
- Benny Hanna Music
- NikNat Entertainment
- Explosive Entertainment
- Gold Coast DJ Entertainment
- We R DJs
- Vanessa Krumma Music
- Michael Vos Music
- McGee Entertainment
Hair & Makeup Stylists
One of the top wedding hair and makeup stylists near you will have you looking better than ever on your big day:
- Natalie Lucas Makeup at #2/2434 Gold Coast Hwy
- Isabella Jane Hair & Makeup at 3 Sirec Way
- Mondoo Hair & Makeup at 2190 Gold Coast Hwy
- Bella Rae Cosmetics & Artistry at 3 Oxford Ct
- Hair with Melissa at #9/175 Ferry Rd
- Amanda Higl Hair & Make-up
- Richelle Darben Makeup & Hair
- Sapphire Makeup & Hair Creations
- House Of Glamour
Edge Suits Outlet at 47 Ashmore Road is a good place for the groom and groomsmen to rent their tuxedos.
Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
These bakeries are known to make some of the best wedding cakes in Gold Coast:
- Karma Cupcakes at 2/39-41 Olympic Cct
- All Occasions Speciality Cakes at 31 Maidenwell Rd
- Cakeit4U at 6 Harwood Pl
- Stentons Cakes at 67 River Cres
- I Heart Cakes By Casey at 8 Jarrahdale Dr
- Two Little Cupcakes
- Milk & Honey Cake Creative
Everyone will rave about the food when you book one of these caterers:
- In Season Catering & Events
- The Italian Job Catering
- Joy & Joy
- Spanish Paellaman
- Gareth Keenan Catering
- Catering By Clancy
Your Rehearsal Dinner
Any of these restaurants will make for a great option for your rehearsal dinner:
- Glass Dining & Lounge Bar at 74 Seaworld Dr
- Ladybird Restaurant & Bar at Waterfront Palazzo Versace, 94 Seaworld Dr
- Willow Dining at 1957 Gold Coast Hwy
- Alfresco Italian Restaurant at 3/3018 Surfers Paradise Blvd
- Moo Moo The Wine Bar + Grill at Broadbeach On The Park, 2685 Gold Coast Hwy
- Omeros Brothers Seafood Restaurant at 74 Seaworld Dr
- Clifford’s Grill & Lounge at 31 Hamilton Ave
Gold Coast Wedding Planners
Sign up for the full service package or just get a little assist by contacting one of the best local wedding planners:
- Arctic Fox Events at 4/7 Taree St
- Ivy & Bleu at 2/8 Precision Dr
- Sugar & Spice Events at 4/12 Ern Harley Dr
- Your Wedding Planner at 53 Casua Dr
- Magnolia Studios
By the way we have also written a:
- Guide To Getting Married In Brisbane
- Guide To Getting Married In Sydney
- Guide To Getting Married In Melbourne
- Guide To Getting Married In Perth
Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Gold Coast
Hopefully after reading about all of the above you feel a lot more confident about planning your wedding in Gold Coast. You got linked to some of the best planners near you if you want to go that route, or you can save some money and do a lot of this on your own.
We tried to cover it all from local wedding and reception venues, bridal shops, invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, DJ’s, hair and makeup stylists, tuxedo rentals, caterers, the cake, and of course some good restaurants for a rehearsal dinner in your area.
At this point you should be fully informed and ready to plan a great wedding in Gold Coast and we wish you all the luck in the world!