Over the next few minutes we will be sharing how to plan a wedding in Portland, Maine in full detail. Our main goal is to save you some time and maybe even a little money.
To get the ball rolling there will be a list of local wedding and reception venues. For some the church they went to as a kid will be the obvious place to get married while others may prefer to have their ceremony and/or reception at a different venue and either way you aren’t lacking for options.
- 1 Portland Wedding & Reception Venues
- 2 Bridal Shops
- 3 Where To Get Your Invitations
- 4 Choosing The Right Florist
- 5 Wedding Photographers & Videographers
- 6 Bands & DJ’s
- 7 Hair & Makeup Stylists
- 8 Tuxedo Rentals
- 9 Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
- 10 Caterers
- 11 Your Rehearsal Dinner
- 12 Local Wedding Planners
- 13 Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Portland
The best bridal shops to buy a dress near you along with many of the other things you will need will follow that up. Then we will get into shops that sell wedding invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, and DJ’s.
After they have all been covered we will pivot to the top wedding hair and makeup stylists and shops to rent a tuxedo because everyone needs to look great on your special day. The food will begin to close this out as it will be time to read about where to buy wedding cakes, caterers, and some great restaurants for hosting a rehearsal dinner.
Finally, the best wedding planners in Portland will get a shout out because we know some may be feeling overwhelmed and may want to just hand this all off to someone else. Often times wedding planners in your area will have different packages available ranging from a little bit of assistance all the way up to full planning so you can choose to get as much help as you need.
To make things a little easier on you there will be a map towards the conclusion that has all of the various venues pinned on it so that you can figure out which is the most convenient for you to visit. By the way, all of our city guides for this region are available at this link if you are curious what is going on in nearby towns.
Portland Wedding & Reception Venues
Picking the right wedding and reception venue in Portland might be the most important decision you will make:
- Brick South at Resurgam Pl
- Italian Heritage Center at 40 Westland Ave
- The Inn On Peaks Island at 33 Island Ave
- Keeley’s Banquet Center at 178 Warren Ave
- Rising Tide Brewing Company at 103 Fox St
- The Public Works at 52 Alder St
- Jones Landing at 6 Welch St
In its 25,000 square feet of essentially infinite event space Brick South can handle weddings or receptions near you of up to 2,500 seated people.
There are two rooms available at Italian Heritage Center including The DaVinci Room which can accommodate 135 visitors and which has a fireplace and a balcony and The Columbus Room which can accommodate between 100 and 450 people.
With its event area in Portland situated directly along Casco Bay and with unending views of the water The Inn on Peaks Island can host 200 seated guests.
While the interior banquet hall is a terrific location for a dinner and dancing event Keeley’s Banquet Center has a stunning outdoor patio that may be hired for an outdoor local wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception.
Rising Tide Brewing Company can host 100 people seated.
150 people cocktail style is the maximum at The East Room which includes an additional tented patio.
The Public Works has indoor event space ranging from 1,000 to 2,600 square feet and outdoor event space of 1,200 square feet. With seating for up to 225 people in a flexible location they have event space that is adaptable.
The outdoor area at Jones Landing has seating for about 200 people plus there are 1,800 square feet of newly designed interior area with seats for about 100 to 250 guests for wedding ceremonies or receptions in your area.
The best bridal shops near you are where to buy your dress and many of the other important items you will need:
- Grayce Bridal & Formal at 160 Western Ave
- Andrea’s Bridal at 510 Congress St
- Maria Antonieta Bridal at 72 Ocean St #104
- Hem & Veil at 121 Montrose Ave
- David’s Bridal at Mall of Maine, 374 Maine Mall Rd
Where To Get Your Invitations
For invitations and envelopes in your area we suggest you get in touch with:
- Gus & Ruby Letterpress at 28 Exchange St
- Ecru Invitations at 584 Congress St 2nd floor
- Lauren Rachel: Custom Invitation Design
Choosing The Right Florist
These florists will make sure your Portland wedding and reception are ready for the Gram:
- Harmon’s Floral Company at 584 Congress St
- Fleur De Lis at 460 Ocean St
- Laurie Andrews Design at 364 Maine Mall Rd #N195
- Chevaughn Marie Designs
- Bad Rabbit Flowers
- Watershed Floral
Wedding Photographers & Videographers
To get it all documented hire one of these local wedding photographers and videographers:
- Bethany & Dan Photography
- Tom Couture Photography
- Peter Greeno Weddings
- 207Weddings Films & Photography
- Sarah Morrill Photography
- SP Films
- Justine Johnson Photography
- Kasey Ivan Photography
Bands & DJ’s
Booking the right band or DJ will make sure the after party is lit:
- M & M Entertainment
- Northeast Event Design
- Double Platinum Celebrations DJ Service
- Bob Charest Music
Hair & Makeup Stylists
Obviously you will want to look your best and the top wedding hair and makeup stylists near you can make sure that you will:
- Akari at 193 Middle St
- Hair etc Portland Maine at 21 Chestnut St
- Ollo Hair Salon at 569 Congress St
- Adore Rouge at 306 Warren Ave #5A
- Andiamo! Salon at 58 Exchange St
- Aphrodite Salon at 6 City Center 2nd floor
- Lindsey L. Green at 209 Western Ave
Don’t forget about the tuxedo for the groom and groomsmen:
- Antoine’s Formal Wear at 435 Congress St
- Wendy Herrick Floral Designs & Tuxedo Rentals at 54 Main St
Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
Some of the best wedding cakes in Portland are available at:
- Cake Elizabeth at 851 Sawyer St
- Two Fat Cats Bakery at 195 Lancaster St
- Katie Made Bakery at 181 Congress St
- Hanami Cake Design
- Prairie Baking Co.
You will be the star of the show but these caterers will have the food on point as well:
- The Black Tie Company
- Fire & Company
- The Bread & Butter Catering Company
- Food Love Laughter
- The Maine Lobsterbake
- Lake & Co
Your Rehearsal Dinner
Have a great rehearsal dinner at:
- David’s Restaurant at 22 Monument Sq
- Rí Rá Irish Pub & Restaurant at 72 Commercial St
- Boone’s Fish House & Oyster Room at 86 Commercial St
- DiMillo’s On The Water at 25 Long Wharf
- Saltwater Grille at 231 Front St
- North 43 Bistro at 1 Spring Point Dr
Local Wedding Planners
Get a little help or have someone do all of this for you by contacting one of the best wedding planners in your area:
- Wed in Maine
- Dirigo Event Co
- fern & flair
- Olive & Co.
- K.marie Events
- Confetti & Cocktails Events Co.
Just so you know we have also written about:
- Wedding Photographers & Planners In Boston
- Wedding Photographers & Planners In Providence
- Wedding Photographers & Planners In New York City
- Wedding Photographers & Planners In Montreal
Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Portland
Well guys, that is all we have for now but we bet you feel a lot more confident about planning a wedding near you. We tried to cover it all from wedding and reception venues, bridal shops, invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, DJ’s, hair and makeup stylists, tuxedo rentals, caterers, the cake, and of course some good restaurants for a rehearsal dinner in your area.
Some of the best local wedding planners were also mentioned if you want to go that route, or you can save some money and do a lot of this on your own. At this point you should be fully informed and ready to plan a great wedding in Portland, Maine and we wish you the best of luck!