Over the next few minutes we will be sharing how to plan a wedding in Providence in full detail with the main goal of saving you some time and maybe even a little money.
To get the ball rolling there will be a list of local wedding and reception venues. For some the church they went to as a kid will be the obvious place to get married while others may prefer to have their ceremony and/or reception at a different venue and either way you aren’t lacking for options.
- 1 Providence Wedding & Reception Venues
- 2 Bridal Shops
- 3 Where To Get Your Invitations
- 4 Choosing The Right Florist
- 5 Wedding Photographers & Videographers
- 6 Bands & DJ’s
- 7 Hair & Makeup Stylists
- 8 Tuxedo Rentals
- 9 Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
- 10 Caterers
- 11 Your Rehearsal Dinner
- 12 Local Wedding Planners
- 13 Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Providence
The best bridal shops to buy a dress near you along with many of the other things you will need will follow that up. Then we will get into shops that sell wedding invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, and DJ’s.
After they have all been covered we will pivot to the top wedding hair and makeup stylists and shops to rent a tuxedo because everyone needs to look great on your special day. The food will begin to close this out as it will be time to read about where to buy wedding cakes, caterers, and some great restaurants for hosting a rehearsal dinner.
Finally, the best wedding planners in Providence will get a shout out because we know some may be feeling overwhelmed and may want to just hand this all off to someone else. Often times wedding planners in your area will have different packages available ranging from a little bit of assistance all the way up to full planning so you can choose to get as much help as you need.
To make things a little easier on you there will be a map towards the conclusion that has all of the various venues pinned on it so that you can figure out which is the most convenient for you to visit. By the way, all of our city guides for this region are available here at that link if you are curious what is going on in nearby towns.
Providence Wedding & Reception Venues
Picking the right wedding and reception venue in Providence might be the most important decision you will make:
- Skyline at Waterplace at 1 Finance Way
- The WaterFire Arts Center at 475 Valley St
- Ballroom at the Providence G at 100 Dorrance St
- Franchescas at Waterplace at 200 Exchange St #B
- Hotel Providence at 139 Mathewson St
- Providence Marriott Downtown at 1 Orms St
You can invite 700 guests for a plated dinner and up to 1,200 guests for a wedding reception near you at The WaterFire Arts Center.
Franchesca’s at Waterplace offers both indoor and outdoor locations for a local wedding and can accommodate 50 guests.
As many as 150 guests can have their needs met at Hotel Providence.
400 people can be seated in the Providence Marriott’s largest indoor ballroom for wedding ceremonies or receptions in your area.
The best bridal shops near you are where to buy your dress and many of the other important items you will need:
- Lovely Bride at 65 Eddy St
- Ana’s Bridal Boutique at 456 Warren Ave
- Spark Bridal Outlet at 1591 Cranston St, Cranston
Where To Get Your Invitations
For invitations and envelopes in your area we suggest you get in touch with:
Choosing The Right Florist
These florists will make sure your Providence wedding and reception are ready for the Gram:
- Jephry Floral Studio at 432 Broadway
- Frey Florist at 50 Radcliffe Ave
- Sweet Talk Floral at 47 Rathbone St
- Blooming Blossoms at 780 Hope St
- Floral Designs by LiRog at 349 Broadway
- Studio 539 Flowers at 174 Wickenden St
- Floral Fixation
Wedding Photographers & Videographers
To get it all documented hire one of these local wedding photographers and videographers:
- Jessica Tonya Photography
- Meagan Emilia Photography
- Nicole Gesmondi Photographer
- Stacy Smith Studios
- Brad Smith Photography
- Danyel Stapleton Photography
- Move Mountains
- Piper Brown Photography
- Neilan Media
Bands & DJ’s
Booking the right band or DJ will make sure the after party is lit:
Hair & Makeup Stylists
Obviously you will want to look your best and the top wedding hair and makeup stylists near you can make sure that you will:
- Melissa Barra Makeup at 1006 Charles St #1
- Jeremy Stone Artistry at 326 Carpenter St
- Moss Salon at 114 N Main St
- Ello Pretty at 60 Valley St #108
- Whole You Beauty Studio at 444 Angell St
- Salon Beautopia at 2244 Plainfield Pike #1, Cranston
Don’t forget about the tuxedo for the groom and groomsmen:
Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
Some of the best wedding cakes in Providence are available at:
- Ellie’s at 225 Weybosset St
- Sin at 1413 Westminster St
- Scialo Brothers Bakery at 257 Atwells Ave
- Taunton Ave Bakery at 217 Taunton Ave
- DeLuise Bakery at 1251 Chalkstone Ave
- LaSalle Bakery at 993 Smith St
- Carina e Dolce, Specialty Cakes & Cookies at 1402 Plainfield Pike, Cranston
You will be the star of the show but these caterers will have the food on point as well:
Your Rehearsal Dinner
Have a great rehearsal dinner at:
- Cav Restaurant at 14 Imperial Pl
- Waterman Grille at 4 Richmond Square
- Trattoria Zooma at 245 Atwells Ave
- Camille’s at 71 Bradford St
- Cafe Nuovo at One Citizens Plaza
- Circe Restaurant & Bar at 50 Weybosset St
- Gracie’s at 194 Washington St
- Massimo Ristorante at 134 Atwells Ave
Local Wedding Planners
Get a little help or have someone do all of this for you by contacting one of the best wedding planners in your area:
Just so you know we have also written about:
- Cakes, Bands & Invitations In Boston
- Cakes, Bands & Invitations In Portland, Maine
- Cakes, Bands & Invitations In Springfield
- Cakes, Bands & Invitations In Bridgeport & New Haven
Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Providence
Well guys, that is all we have for now but we bet you feel a lot more confident about planning a wedding near you. We tried to cover it all from wedding and reception venues, bridal shops, invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, DJ’s, hair and makeup stylists, tuxedo rentals, caterers, the cake, and of course some good restaurants for a rehearsal dinner in your area.
Some of the best local wedding planners were also mentioned if you want to go that route, or you can save some money and do a lot of this on your own. At this point you should be fully informed and ready to plan a great wedding in Providence and we wish you the best of luck!