Thank you for giving our blog on how to plan a wedding in San Jose a shot. By the time you finish reading we bet you will be able to save yourself some time and maybe even a little bit of money too.
A list of local wedding and reception venues seems like the most natural starting point. We know that some reading this will get married in the church they went to as a kid but plenty of others may prefer to rent a different venue and there will be a variety of great places to host your ceremony or the reception.
- 1 San Jose Wedding & Reception Venues
- 2 Bridal Shops
- 3 Where To Get Your Invitations
- 4 Choosing The Right Florist
- 5 Wedding Photographers & Videographers
- 6 Bands & DJ’s
- 7 Hair & Makeup Stylists
- 8 Tuxedo Rentals
- 9 Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
- 10 Caterers
- 11 Your Rehearsal Dinner
- 12 San Jose Wedding Planners
- 13 Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In San Jose
Following that we will get into the best bridal shops near you to buy a dress and many of the other things you will need. Wedding invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, and DJ’s will be getting a shout out as well.
After all of that is out of the way we will move on to the top wedding hair and makeup stylists and shops to rent a tuxedo so you can make sure everyone involved is looking their best. The next few lists will be all about the food as we mention where to buy wedding cakes, caterers, and some great restaurants for hosting a rehearsal dinner.
And to get you out of here there will be a breakdown of the best wedding planners in San Jose for anyone who wants to hand all of this work off to a professional. Often times many wedding planners in your area will have different packages available ranging from a little bit of assistance all the way up to doing it all for you.
A map will be shared towards the end that has all of these various venues pinned on it so that you can figure out which places are most convenient. In case you were curious all of our other blogs on cities in the Pacific Northwest region can be found at that link if you want to give them a look.
San Jose Wedding & Reception Venues
Make sure everything goes as planned by choosing right location for a wedding and reception in San Jose:
- Silicon Valley Capital Club at 50 W San Fernando St
- The GlassHouse at 84 W Santa Clara St #100
- Napredak Hall at 770 Montague Expy
- San Jose Woman’s Club at 75 S 11th St
- San Jose Country Club at 15571 Alum Rock Ave
- The Ranch at Silver Creek by Wedgewood Weddings at 4601 Hill Top View Ln
- Corinthian Grand Ballroom at 196 N 3rd St
- Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings at 1000 Old Quarry Rd
There are exquisite dining options at Silicon Valley Capital Club, a comfortable contemporary lounge, and ample room to accommodate up to 250 guests.
The GlassHouse has space for 350 guests for receptions and features two bridal suites and a charming patio with open-air dining. The patio can host wedding ceremonies near you for 90 guests and celebrations for 60 guests.
With a capacity for 400 people Napredak Hall provides both indoor and outdoor spaces for your event.
The San Jose Woman’s Club has seating for 350 people.
Up to 225 guests can be accommodated in the huge magnificent ballroom of San Jose Country Club who can provide garden seating outside for local wedding ceremonies.
250 people can comfortably fit in at the Ranch at Silver Creek which also offers alternatives for indoor or garden ceremonies.
The Corinthian Grand Ballroom features various gorgeous places for wedding ceremonies in San Jose which can hold events for up to 400 people.
The event lawn or indoor ceremony options are available at Boulder Ridge which may accommodate 200 guests for weddings or receptions in your area.
Buy your dress at one of the best bridal shops near you that will also carry many other items you may need:
- Bridal Gown Studio at 405 N First St #211
- Elegant Lace Bridals at 1061 Blossom Hill Rd
- JC Bridal Boutique at 871 Coleman Ave
- David’s Bridal at Winchester Shopping Center, 3111 Stevens Creek Blvd
Where To Get Your Invitations
Escalante’s Invitations is a good place to get invitations for a ceremony and reception in your area.
Choosing The Right Florist
Everything will look incredible if you let one of these florists help you pick out the flowers:
- Bloomster’s at 5945 Almaden Expy #170
- San Jose Flowers at 32 S White Rd #A
- Bee’s Flowers at 14398 Union Ave
- Ann’s Petals at 3264 Lyter Way
- Juanita’s Flowers at 1608 McKee Rd #40
- Apis Floral at 460 Lincoln Ave #30
- Thien Lan Florist at 2955 Senter Rd #10
- Blackistone Florist at 451 Saratoga Ave
- C&M Fleuri
Wedding Photographers & Videographers
You will be very busy when the time comes so let one of these local wedding photographers and videographers keep an eye on the crowd to catch everything:
- Lynn Lewis Photography
- Harry Who Photography
- Toanven Photography
- A Few Good Clicks
- Vivo Photography
- Steven Cotton Photography
- Focused Journey Media
Bands & DJ’s
Nobody will ever forget the reception if you book the right band or DJ:
Hair & Makeup Stylists
These wedding hair and makeup stylists near you will make sure that you really stand out:
- Kim Baker Beauty at 3535 Ross Ave #309
- Design Her Image at 808 W San Carlos St
- Beauty Innovations at 1157 Saratoga Ave #117
- Ruby’s Beauty Studio at 1630 Old Oakland Rd #A-209
- Soyi Makeup & Hair
- Makeup Artist Willow Glen
Remember to rent a tuxedo for the groom and groomsmen in your area at:
- Tuxedo Fashions at 363 Meridian Ave
- Tuxedo Wearhouse at 1600 Saratoga Ave #403
- Men’s Wearhouse at 5353 Almaden Expy #39
Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
A tasty and stunning wedding cake in San Jose can be purchased from one of these bakeries:
- Jen’s Cakes of Willow Glen at 1053 Lincoln Ave #100
- C’est Si Bon Bakery at 1375 Blossom Hill Rd #38
- Euro Delights Bakery at 1816 Tully Rd #190
- BiBi Bakery & Café at 441 Saratoga Ave
- SusieCakes at 1109 Lincoln Ave
- Ana’s Bakery at 1175 Redmond Ave
The right catering company will make sure that everyone leaves with a full belly:
Your Rehearsal Dinner
Our favorite rehearsal dinner venues in town would be:
- The Table at 1110 Willow St
- Maggiano’s Little Italy at 3055 Olin Ave #1000
- Three Flames at 1547 Meridian Ave
- District at 65 N San Pedro St
- The Farmers Union at 151 W Santa Clara St
- Siena Bistro at 1359 Lincoln Ave
- Adega at 1614 Alum Rock Ave
San Jose Wedding Planners
Get a little bit of help or a full service package from one of the best local wedding planners:
- SB Arts at 648 Giguere Ct
- Le Rêve Event at 2684 Glen Doon Ct
- Asiel Design at 245 McEvoy St
- Signature Events by Christina Romero at 1650 Zanker Rd #123
- Elegance Event Planner
In the past we have also discussed:
- Bridal Photographers & Planners In San Francisco
- Bridal Photographers & Planners In Oakland
- Bridal Photographers & Planners In Stockton & Modesto
- Bridal Photographers & Planners In Los Angeles
Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In San Jose
You should feel way more prepared to plan your wedding in San Jose after reading all of that. The best planners near you were covered if you want to go that route, or you can save some money and do a lot of this on your own now.
We tried to break it all down including local wedding and reception venues, bridal shops, invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, DJ’s, hair and makeup stylists, tuxedo rentals, caterers, the cake, and of course some good restaurants for a rehearsal dinner in your area.
At this point we don’t really know how else to help but we definitely hope that you go on to plan a great wedding in San Jose!