We will be covering how to plan a wedding in Scranton in full detail over the next few minutes. Our main goal is to save you some time and maybe even a little money.
To get the ball rolling there will be a list of local wedding and reception venues. For some the church they went to as a kid will be the obvious place to get married while others may prefer to have their ceremony and/or reception at a different venue and either way you aren’t lacking for options.
- 1 Scranton Wedding & Reception Venues
- 2 Bridal Shops
- 3 Where To Get Your Invitations
- 4 Choosing The Right Florist
- 5 Wedding Photographers & Videographers
- 6 Bands & DJ’s
- 7 Hair & Makeup Stylists
- 8 Tuxedo Rentals
- 9 Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
- 10 Caterers
- 11 Your Rehearsal Dinner
- 12 Local Wedding Planners
- 13 Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Scranton
The best bridal shops to buy a dress near you along with many of the other things you will need will follow that up. Then we will get into shops that sell wedding invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, and DJ’s.
After they have all been discussed we will pivot to the top wedding hair and makeup stylists and shops to rent a tuxedo because everyone needs to look great on your special day. The food will begin to close this out as it will be time to read about where to buy wedding cakes, caterers, and some great restaurants for hosting a rehearsal dinner.
Finally, the best wedding planners in Scranton will get a shout out because we know some may be feeling overwhelmed and may want to just hand this all off to someone else. Often times wedding planners in your area will have different packages available ranging from a little bit of assistance all the way up to full planning so you can choose to get as much help as you need.
To make things a little easier on you there will be a map towards the conclusion that has all of the various venues pinned on it so that you can figure out which is the most convenient for you to visit. By the way, all of our city guides for this region are available at that link if you are curious what is going on in nearby towns.
Scranton Wedding & Reception Venues
Picking the right wedding and reception venue in Scranton might be the most important decision you will make:
- The Colonnade at 401 Jefferson Ave
- Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel at 700 Lackawanna Ave
- Green Ridge Club at 1645 Wyoming Ave
- Hilton Scranton & Conference Center at 100 Adams Ave
- Montage Mountain Resorts at 1000 Montage Mountain Rd
At The Colonnade 120 people can be accommodated in the Grand Ballroom and an additional 60 people if the terrace is used while 40 guests can have their needs met in the Mulberry Room for smaller more private wedding ceremonies or receptions near you.
Up to 800 guests can comfortably fit at the Radisson’s event space.
The Victoria Ballroom can accommodate 200 people and is the primary ceremony and reception venue located at the Green Ridge Club while smaller local wedding parties of 50 people are ideal for their Roselyn Tea Toom.
The ballroom at Hilton Scranton can host up to 775 guests in reception style.
Outdoor settings, tents, on-mountain wedding ceremonies in your area, a full-service bar, satellite bars, and on-site catering are all available at Montage Mountain Resorts which has a space for 75 to 300 visitors.
The best bridal shops near you are where to buy your dress and many of the other important items you will need:
Where To Get Your Invitations
For invitations and envelopes in your area we suggest you get in touch with:
Choosing The Right Florist
These florists will make sure your Scranton wedding and reception are ready for the Gram:
- McCarthy Remick Flowers at 1001 N Main Ave
- Cadden Florist at 1702 Oram St
- Your Beautiful Flowers Florist & Flower Delivery at 2112 S Webster Ave
- William Edward Florist at 2328 Pittston Ave
- South Side Floral Shop at 1025 Pittston Ave
Wedding Photographers & Videographers
To get it all documented hire one of these local wedding photographers and videographers:
- Ryan Billings Photography
- Erik Christian Photography
- Rob Lettieri Photography
- Frankie Carll Productions
- Joshua Poplawski
- Danielle Coons Photography
Bands & DJ’s
Booking the right band or DJ will make sure the after party is lit:
Hair & Makeup Stylists
Obviously you will want to look your best and the top wedding hair and makeup stylists near you can make sure that you will:
- Rad Beauty at 627 Larch St
- Lavish Scranton at 200 Adams Ave
- Cheryl’s Studio II at 814 Theodore St
- The Color Bar Salon at 134 Franklin Ave
- Salon Brigine at 1837 N Main Ave
Tuxedo by Sarno Menswear at 401 S Washington Avenue is a good place for the groom and groomsmen to rent their tuxedos.
Where To Buy Your Wedding Cake
Some of the best wedding cakes in Scranton are available at:
- Minooka Pastry Shop at 3276 Birney Ave
- Lynn Sandy’s Bakery at 619 Pittston Ave
- Electric City Bakehouse at 314 Penn Ave
You will be the star of the show but these caterers will have the food on point as well:
Your Rehearsal Dinner
Have a great rehearsal dinner at:
- Tripp House at 1011 N Main Ave
- Posh Restaurant at 404 N Washington Ave
- Casa Bella at 330 W Market St
- Stirna’s Restaurant at 120 W Market St
Local Wedding Planners
Get a little help or have someone do all of this for you by contacting one of the best wedding planners in your area:
Just so you know we have also written about:
Good Luck Planning Your Wedding In Scranton
Well guys, that is all we have for now but we bet you feel a lot more confident about planning a wedding near you. We tried to cover it all from wedding and reception venues, bridal shops, invitations, florists, photographers, videographers, bands, DJ’s, hair and makeup stylists, tuxedo rentals, caterers, the cake, and of course some good restaurants for a rehearsal dinner in your area.
Some of the best local wedding planners were also mentioned if you want to go that route, or you can save some money and do a lot of this on your own. At this point you should be fully informed and ready to plan a great wedding in Scranton and we wish you the best of luck!